Synonyms of internal
- 1. internal (vs. external), inner, interior, internecine, intrinsic, inside
- usage: happening or arising or located within some limits or especially surface; "internal organs"; "internal mechanism of a toy"; "internal party maneuvering"
- 2. internal, intragroup, intramural (vs. extramural)
- usage: occurring within an institution or community; "intragroup squabbling within the corporation"
- 3. home(prenominal), interior(prenominal), internal, national, domestic (vs. foreign)
- usage: inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
- 4. inner, interior, internal, inward (vs. outward)
- usage: located inward; "Beethoven's manuscript looks like a bloody record of a tremendous inner battle"- Leonard Bernstein; "she thinks she has no soul, no interior life, but the truth is that she has no access to it"- David Denby; "an internal sense of rightousness"- A.R.Gurney,Jr.
- 5. inner, internal, intimate, intrinsic (vs. extrinsic), intrinsical
- usage: innermost or essential; "the inner logic of Cubism"; "the internal contradictions of the theory"; "the intimate structure of matter"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of internal (Dictionary)