- 1. interlock, ignition interlock, device
- usage: a device that prevents an automotive engine from starting; "car theives know how to bypass the ignition interlock"
- 2. mesh, meshing, interlock, interlocking, catch, grab, snatch, snap
- usage: the act of interlocking or meshing; "an interlocking of arms by the police held the crowd in check"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interlock, mesh, organize, organise, coordinate
- usage: coordinate in such a way that all parts work together effectively
- 2. lock, interlock, interlace, hold, take hold
- usage: hold in a locking position; "He locked his hands around her neck"
- 3. interlock, lock, embrace, hug, bosom, squeeze
- usage: become engaged or intermeshed with one another; "They were locked in embrace"
All rights reserved.
See also: interlock (Dictionary)