Synonyms of interior
- 1. inside, interior, region, part
- usage: the region that is inside of something
- 2. inside, interior, surface
- usage: the inner or enclosed surface of something
- 3. Department of the Interior, Interior Department, Interior, DoI, executive department
- usage: the United States federal department charged with conservation and the development of natural resources; created in 1849
- 1. interior (vs. exterior), indoor, inside(prenominal), indoor
- usage: situated within or suitable for inside a building; "an interior scene"; "interior decoration"; "an interior bathroom without windows"
- 2. home(prenominal), interior(prenominal), internal, national, domestic (vs. foreign)
- usage: inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
- 3. inner, interior, internal, inward (vs. outward)
- usage: located inward; "Beethoven's manuscript looks like a bloody record of a tremendous inner battle"- Leonard Bernstein; "she thinks she has no soul, no interior life, but the truth is that she has no access to it"- David Denby; "an internal sense of rightousness"- A.R.Gurney,Jr.
- 4. interior, internal (vs. external)
- usage: inside and toward a center; "interior regions of the earth"
- 5. interior, midland, upcountry, inland (vs. coastal)
- usage: of or coming from the middle of a region or country; "upcountry districts"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of interior (Dictionary)