WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interface, surface
- usage: (chemistry) a surface forming a common boundary between two things (two objects or liquids or chemical phases)
- 2. interface, user interface, program, programme, computer program, computer programme
- usage: (computer science) a program that controls a display for the user (usually on a computer monitor) and that allows the user to interact with the system
- 3. interface, overlap, convergence, intersection
- usage: the overlap where two theories or phenomena affect each other or have links with each other; "the interface between chemistry and biology"
- 4. interface, port, computer circuit
- usage: (computer science) computer circuit consisting of the hardware and associated circuitry that links one device with another (especially a computer and a hard disk drive or other peripherals)
All rights reserved.
See also: interface (Dictionary)