- 1. interest, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: excite the curiosity of; engage the interest of
- 2. concern, interest, occupy, worry
- usage: be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
- 3. matter to, interest, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: be of importance or consequence; "This matters to me!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interested (vs. uninterested), curious
- usage: having or showing interest; especially curiosity or fascination or concern; "an interested audience"; "interested in sports"; "was interested to hear about her family"; "interested in knowing who was on the telephone"; "interested spectators"
- 2. concerned, interested, involved (vs. uninvolved)
- usage: involved in or affected by or having a claim to or share in; "a memorandum to those concerned"; "an enterprise in which three men are concerned"; "factors concerned in the rise and fall of epidemics"; "the interested parties met to discuss the business"
All rights reserved.
See also: interested (Dictionary)