Synonyms of interest
- 1. interest, involvement, curiosity, wonder
- usage: a sense of concern with and curiosity about someone or something; "an interest in music"
- 2. sake, interest, benefit, welfare
- usage: a reason for wanting something done; "for your sake"; "died for the sake of his country"; "in the interest of safety"; "in the common interest"
- 3. interest, interestingness, power, powerfulness
- usage: the power of attracting or holding one's attention (because it is unusual or exciting etc.); "they said nothing of great interest"; "primary colors can add interest to a room"
- 4. interest, fixed charge, fixed cost, fixed costs
- usage: a fixed charge for borrowing money; usually a percentage of the amount borrowed; "how much interest do you pay on your mortgage?"
- 5. interest, stake, share, portion, part, percentage
- usage: (law) a right or legal share of something; a financial involvement with something; "they have interests all over the world"; "a stake in the company's future"
- 6. interest, interest group, social group
- usage: (usually plural) a social group whose members control some field of activity and who have common aims; "the iron interests stepped up production"
- 7. pastime, interest, pursuit, diversion, recreation
- usage: a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly); "sailing is her favorite pastime"; "his main pastime is gambling"; "he counts reading among his interests"; "they criticized the boy for his limited pursuits"
- 1. interest, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: excite the curiosity of; engage the interest of
- 2. concern, interest, occupy, worry
- usage: be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
- 3. matter to, interest, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: be of importance or consequence; "This matters to me!"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of interest (Dictionary)