WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. purpose, intent, intention, aim, design, goal, end
- usage: an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions; "his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"
- 2. intention, goal, end
- usage: (usually plural) the goal with respect to a marriage proposal; "his intentions are entirely honorable"
- 3. intention, volition, willing
- usage: an act of intending; a volition that you intend to carry out; "my intention changed once I saw her"
All rights reserved.
See also: intention (Dictionary)