- 1. purpose, intent, intention, aim, design, goal, end
- usage: an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions; "his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"
- 2. intent, purport, spirit, meaning, significance, signification, import
- usage: the intended meaning of a communication
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. captive, absorbed, engrossed, enwrapped, intent, wrapped, attentive (vs. inattentive)
- usage: giving or marked by complete attention to; "that engrossed look or rapt delight"; "then wrapped in dreams"; "so intent on this fantastic...narrative that she hardly stirred"- Walter de la Mare; "rapt with wonder"; "wrapped in thought"
All rights reserved.
See also: intent (Dictionary)