Synonyms of intensive
- 1. intensifier, intensive, modifier, qualifier
- usage: a modifier that has little meaning except to intensify the meaning it modifies; "`up' in `finished up' is an intensifier"; "`honestly' in `I honestly don't know' is an intensifier"
- 1. intensive, intense (vs. mild)
- usage: characterized by a high degree or intensity; often used as a combining form; "the questioning was intensive"; "intensive care"; "research-intensive"; "a labor-intensive industry"
- 2. intensive
- usage: tending to give force or emphasis; "an intensive adverb"
- 3. intensive (vs. extensive)
- usage: of agriculture; intended to increase productivity of a fixed area by expending more capital and labor; "intensive agriculture"; "intensive conditions"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of intensive (Dictionary)