WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intensity, strength, intensity level, magnitude
- usage: the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation); "he adjusted the intensity of the sound"; "they measured the station's signal strength"
- 2. intensity, intensiveness, degree, grade, level
- usage: high level or degree; the property of being intense
- 3. volume, loudness, intensity, sound property
- usage: the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction); "the kids played their music at full volume"
- 4. saturation, chroma, intensity, vividness, color property
- usage: chromatic purity: freedom from dilution with white and hence vivid in hue
All rights reserved.
See also: intensity (Dictionary)