Synonyms of intensifying
- 1. escalate, intensify, step up, increase
- usage: increase in extent or intensity; "The Allies escalated the bombing"
- 2. intensify, compound, heighten, deepen, increase
- usage: make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified", "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Pot smokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
- 3. intensify, deepen, increase
- usage: become more intense; "The debate intensified"; "His dislike for raw fish only deepened in Japan"
- 4. intensify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make the chemically affected part of (a negative) denser or more opaque in order produce a stronger contrast between light and dark
- 1. intensifying (vs. moderating), aggravating, exacerbating, exasperating, augmentative, enhancive, deepening(prenominal), thickening(prenominal), heightening(prenominal)
- usage: increasing in strength or intensity
All rights reserved.