WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intense (vs. mild), aggravated, bad, big, blood-and-guts, brutal, unrelenting, cold, concentrated, consuming, overwhelming, deep, exquisite, keen, extreme, utmost(prenominal), uttermost(prenominal), fierce, tearing, vehement, violent, trigger-happy, intensified, intensive, main(prenominal), profound, raging, screaming(prenominal), severe, terrible, wicked, smart, strong, terrific, thick, deep, unabated, violent, wild, immoderate, intemperate, profound
- usage: possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to a heightened degree; "intense heat"; "intense anxiety"; "intense desire"; "intense emotion"; "the skunk's intense acrid odor"; "intense pain"; "enemy fire was intense"
- 2. acute, intense, sharp (vs. dull)
- usage: extremely sharp or intense; "acute pain"; "felt acute annoyance"; "intense itching and burning"
- 3. intense, vivid, saturated (vs. unsaturated), pure
- usage: (of color) having the highest saturation; "vivid green"; "intense blue"
All rights reserved.
See also: intense (Dictionary)