WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intelligent (vs. unintelligent), agile, nimble, apt, clever, brainy, brilliant, smart as a whip, bright, smart, natural, born(predicate), innate(predicate), quick, ready, prehensile, scintillating, searching, trenchant, precocious, smart
- usage: having the capacity for thought and reason especially to a high degree; "is there intelligent life in the universe?"; "an intelligent question"
- 2. intelligent, well-informed, sophisticated (vs. naive)
- usage: possessing sound knowledge; "well-informed readers"
- 3. healthy, intelligent, levelheaded, level-headed, sound, reasonable (vs. unreasonable), sensible
- usage: exercising or showing good judgment; "healthy scepticism"; "a healthy fear of rattlesnakes"; "the healthy attitude of French laws"; "healthy relations between labor and management"; "an intelligent solution"; "a sound approach to the problem"; "sound advice"; "no sound explanation for his decision"
- 4. intelligent, reasoning(prenominal), thinking(prenominal), rational (vs. irrational)
- usage: endowed with the capacity to reason
All rights reserved.
See also: intelligent (Dictionary)