Synonyms of intellectual
- 1. intellectual, intellect, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who uses the mind creatively
- 1. intellectual, rational, noetic, mental (vs. physical)
- usage: of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind; "intellectual problems"; "the triumph of the rational over the animal side of man"
- 2. intellectual (vs. nonintellectual), highbrow, highbrowed, rational, reflective, good, serious, sophisticated, educated, mental, scholarly
- usage: appealing to or using the intellect; "satire is an intellectual weapon"; "intellectual workers engaged in creative literary or artistic or scientific labor"; "has tremendous intellectual sympathy for oppressed people"; "coldly intellectual"; "sort of the intellectual type"; "intellectual literature"
- 3. cerebral (vs. emotional), intellectual
- usage: involving intelligence rather than emotions or instinct; "a cerebral approach to the problem"; "cerebral drama"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of intellectual (Dictionary)