WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consumption, ingestion, intake, uptake, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: the process of taking food into the body through the mouth (as by eating)
- 2. intake, inlet, opening
- usage: an opening through which fluid is admitted to a tube or container
- 3. inhalation, inspiration, aspiration, intake, breathing in, breath
- usage: the act of inhaling; the drawing in of air (or other gases) as in breathing
All rights reserved.
See also: intake (Dictionary)