WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. see, check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure, verify
- usage: be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
- 2. guarantee, ensure, insure, assure, secure
- usage: make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
- 3. cover, insure, underwrite, guarantee, warrant
- usage: protect by insurance; "The insurance won't cover this"
- 4. insure, protect
- usage: take out insurance for
All rights reserved.
See also: insure (Dictionary)