- 1. abuse, insult, revilement, contumely, vilification, disrespect, discourtesy
- usage: a rude expression intended to offend or hurt; "when a student made a stupid mistake he spared them no abuse"; "they yelled insults at the visiting team"
- 2. insult, affront, discourtesy, offense, offence, offensive activity
- usage: a deliberately offensive act or something producing the effect of deliberate disrespect; "turning his back on me was a deliberate insult"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. diss, insult, affront, hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite
- usage: treat, mention, or speak to rudely; "He insulted her with his rude remarks"; "the student who had betrayed his classmate was dissed by everyone"
All rights reserved.
See also: insult (Dictionary)