WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insulation, insularity, insularism, detachment, isolation
- usage: the state of being isolated or detached; "the insulation of England was preserved by the English Channel"
- 2. insulating material, insulant, insulation, building material
- usage: a material that reduces or prevents the transmission of heat or sound or electricity
- 3. insulation, protection
- usage: the act of protecting something by surrounding it with material that reduces or prevents the transmission of sound or heat or electricity
All rights reserved.
See also: insulation (Dictionary)