WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insufficiency, inadequacy, failing, weakness
- usage: a lack of competence; "pointed out the insufficiencies in my report"; "juvenile offenses often reflect an inadequacy in the parents"
- 2. insufficiency, inability, unfitness
- usage: (pathology) inability of a bodily part or organ to function normally
- 3. insufficiency, inadequacy, deficiency, amount
- usage: lack of an adequate quantity or number; "the inadequacy of unemployment benefits"
All rights reserved.
See also: insufficiency (Dictionary)