WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. instrumentality, unit, social unit
- usage: a subsidiary organ of government created for a special purpose; "are the judicial instrumentalities of local governments adequate?"; "he studied the French instrumentalities for law enforcement"
- 2. instrumentality, utility, usefulness
- usage: the quality of being instrumental for some purpose
- 3. instrumentality, instrumentation, artifact, artefact
- usage: an artifact (or system of artifacts) that is instrumental in accomplishing some end
All rights reserved.
See also: instrumentality (Dictionary)