WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. direction, instruction, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message describing how something is to be done; "he gave directions faster than she could follow them"
- 2. education, instruction, teaching, pedagogy, didactics, educational activity, activity
- usage: the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill; "he received no formal education"; "our instruction was carefully programmed"; "good classroom teaching is seldom rewarded"
- 3. teaching, instruction, pedagogy, education
- usage: the profession of a teacher; "he prepared for teaching while still in college"; "pedagogy is recognized as an important profession"
- 4. instruction, command, statement, program line, code, computer code
- usage: (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
All rights reserved.
See also: instruction (Dictionary)