WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. instill, transfuse, lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring
- usage: impart gradually; "Her presence instilled faith into the children"; "transfuse love of music into the students"
- 2. instill, instil, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: enter drop by drop; "instill medication into my eye"
- 3. impress, ingrain, instill, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: produce or try to produce a vivid impression of; "Mother tried to ingrain respect for our elders in us"
- 4. inculcate, instill, infuse, drill
- usage: teach and impress by frequent repetitions or admonitions; "inculcate values into the young generation"
- 5. impregnate, infuse, instill, tincture, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill, as with a certain quality; "The heavy traffic tinctures the air with carbon monoxide"
All rights reserved.
See also: instill (Dictionary)