- 1. blink of an eye, flash, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute, moment, mo, minute, second, bit
- usage: a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"
- 2. moment, minute, second, instant, point, point in time
- usage: a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. instantaneous, instant(prenominal), fast (vs. slow)
- usage: occurring with no delay; "relief was instantaneous"; "instant gratification"
- 2. instant, inst, present(prenominal) (vs. future) (vs. past)
- usage: in or of the present month; "your letter of the 10th inst"
- 3. clamant, crying, exigent, insistent, instant, imperative (vs. beseeching)
- usage: demanding attention; "clamant needs"; "a crying need"; "regarded literary questions as exigent and momentous"- H.L.Mencken; "insistent hunger"; "an instant need"
All rights reserved.
See also: instant (Dictionary)