- 1. case, instance, example, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an occurrence of something; "it was a case of bad judgment"; "another instance occurred yesterday"; "but there is always the famous example of the Smiths"
- 2. example, illustration, instance, representative, information
- usage: an item of information that is typical of a class or group; "this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome"; "there is an example on page 10"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exemplify, illustrate, instance, elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate
- usage: clarify by giving an example of
All rights reserved.
See also: instance (Dictionary)