WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inspire, animate, invigorate, enliven, exalt, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: heighten or intensify; "These paintings exalt the imagination"
- 2. inspire, occasion
- usage: supply the inspiration for; "The article about the artist inspired the exhibition of his recent work"
- 3. prompt, inspire, instigate, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: serve as the inciting cause of; "She prompted me to call my relatives"
- 4. cheer, root on, inspire, urge, barrack, urge on, exhort, pep up, encourage
- usage: spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts; "The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers"
- 5. revolutionize, revolutionise, inspire, indoctrinate
- usage: fill with revolutionary ideas
- 6. inhale, inspire, breathe in, breathe, take a breath, respire, suspire
- usage: draw in (air); "Inhale deeply"; "inhale the fresh mountain air"; "The patient has trouble inspiring"; "The lung cancer patient cannot inspire air very well"
All rights reserved.
See also: inspire (Dictionary)