WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inspiration, idea, thought
- usage: arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity
- 2. inspiration, brainchild, product, production
- usage: a product of your creative thinking and work; "he had little respect for the inspirations of other artists"; "after years of work his brainchild was a tangible reality"
- 3. inspiration, intuition
- usage: a sudden intuition as part of solving a problem
- 4. divine guidance, inspiration, cognitive factor
- usage: (theology) a special influence of a divinity on the minds of human beings; "they believe that the books of Scripture were written under divine guidance"
- 5. inspiration, stirring, arousal, rousing
- usage: arousing to a particular emotion or action
- 6. inhalation, inspiration, aspiration, intake, breathing in, breath
- usage: the act of inhaling; the drawing in of air (or other gases) as in breathing
All rights reserved.
See also: inspiration (Dictionary)