WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insistence, insisting, demand
- usage: continual and persistent demands
- 2. imperativeness, insistence, insistency, press, pressure, urgency
- usage: the state of demanding notice or attention; "the insistence of their hunger"; "the press of business matters"
- 3. insistence, insistency, advocacy, protagonism
- usage: the act of insisting on something; "insistence on grammatical correctness is a conservative position"
All rights reserved.
See also: insistence (Dictionary)