- 1. insinuate, bring in, introduce
- usage: introduce or insert (oneself) in a subtle manner; "He insinuated himself into the conversation of the people at the nearby table"
- 2. intimate, adumbrate, insinuate, hint, suggest
- usage: give to understand; "I insinuated that I did not like his wife"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ingratiating, insinuating, ingratiatory, flattering (vs. unflattering)
- usage: calculated to please or gain favor; "a smooth ingratiating manner"
All rights reserved.
See also: insinuating (Dictionary)