- 1. insert, section, subdivision
- usage: a folded section placed between the leaves of another publication
- 2. insert, inset, artifact, artefact
- usage: an artifact that is inserted or is to be inserted
- 3. cut-in, insert, break, interruption, disruption, gap
- usage: (broadcasting) a local announcement inserted into a network program
- 4. cut-in, insert, break, interruption, disruption, gap
- usage: (film) a still picture that is introduced and that interrupts the action of a film
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insert, infix, enter, introduce, attach
- usage: put or introduce into something; "insert a picture into the text"
- 2. insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: introduce; "Insert your ticket here"
- 3. tuck, insert, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: fit snugly into; "insert your ticket into the slot"; "tuck your shirttail in"
- 4. slip in, stick in, sneak in, insert, add, append, supply
- usage: insert casually; "She slipped in a reference to her own work"
All rights reserved.
See also: insert (Dictionary)