WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insecure (vs. secure), unfixed
- usage: not firm or firmly fixed; likely to fail or give way; "the hinge is insecure"
- 2. insecure (vs. secure), unsafe, precarious, shaky, unguaranteed, unsecured, dangerous#1, unsafe, unprotected, vulnerable
- usage: lacking in security or safety; "his fortune was increasingly insecure"; "an insecure future"
- 3. insecure (vs. secure), overanxious, unassured
- usage: lacking self-confidence or assurance; "an insecure person lacking mental stability"
- 4. insecure, unsafe, vulnerable (vs. invulnerable)
- usage: not safe from attack
All rights reserved.
See also: insecure (Dictionary)