WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inscription, lettering, writing, written material, piece of writing
- usage: letters inscribed (especially words engraved or carved) on something
- 2. dedication, inscription, message
- usage: a short message (as in a book or musical work or on a photograph) dedicating it to someone or something
- 3. inscription, writing, committal to writing
- usage: the activity of inscribing (especially carving or engraving) letters or words
All rights reserved.
See also: inscription (Dictionary)