- 1. inlay, filling
- usage: (dentistry) a filling consisting of a solid substance (as gold or porcelain) fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place
- 2. inlay, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: a decoration made by fitting pieces of wood into prepared slots in a surface
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inlay, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate the surface of by inserting wood, stone, and metal
All rights reserved.
See also: inlay (Dictionary)