WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inhibition, suppression, abstinence
- usage: (psychology) the conscious exclusion of unacceptable thoughts or desires
- 2. inhibition, restraint, control
- usage: the quality of being inhibited
- 3. inhibition, organic process, biological process
- usage: (physiology) the process whereby nerves can retard or prevent the functioning of an organ or part; "the inhibition of the heart by the vagus nerve"
- 4. prohibition, inhibition, forbiddance, action
- usage: the action of prohibiting or inhibiting or forbidding (or an instance thereof); "they were restrained by a prohibition in their charter"; "a medical inhibition of alcoholic beverages"; "he ignored his parents' forbiddance"
All rights reserved.
See also: inhibition (Dictionary)