- 1. populate, dwell, live, inhabit, be
- usage: inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of; "People lived in Africa millions of years ago"; "The people inhabited the islands that are now deserted"; "this kind of fish dwells near the bottom of the ocean"; "deer are populating the woods"
- 2. inhabit, be
- usage: be present in; "sweet memories inhabit this house"
- 3. dwell, inhabit, exist, be
- usage: exist or be situated within; "Strange notions inhabited her mind"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inhabited (vs. uninhabited), colonized, colonised, settled, haunted, occupied, tenanted, owner-occupied, peopled, populated, populous, thickly settled, rock-inhabiting, underpopulated
- usage: having inhabitants; lived in; "the inhabited regions of the earth"
All rights reserved.
See also: inhabited (Dictionary)