WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. infusion, extract, solution
- usage: a solution obtained by steeping or soaking a substance (usually in water)
- 2. infusion, extraction
- usage: the process of extracting certain active properties (as a drug from a plant) by steeping or soaking (usually in water)
- 3. infusion, instillation, instillment, instilment
- usage: (medicine) the passive introduction of a substance (a fluid or drug or electrolyte) into a vein or between tissues (as by gravitational force)
- 4. infusion, change of state
- usage: the act of infusing or introducing a certain modifying element or quality; "the team's continued success is attributable to a steady infusion of new talent"
All rights reserved.
See also: infusion (Dictionary)