WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inculcate, instill, infuse, drill
- usage: teach and impress by frequent repetitions or admonitions; "inculcate values into the young generation"
- 2. impregnate, infuse, instill, tincture, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill, as with a certain quality; "The heavy traffic tinctures the air with carbon monoxide"
- 3. infuse, steep, infuse
- usage: undergo the process of infusion; "the mint tea is infusing"
- 4. steep, infuse, soak, imbue
- usage: let sit in a liquid to extract a flavor or to cleanse; "steep the blossoms in oil"; "steep the fruit in alcohol"
- 5. infuse, inject, shoot
- usage: introduce into the body through a vein, for therapeutic purposes; "Some physiologists infuses sugar solutions into the veins of animals"
All rights reserved.
See also: infuse (Dictionary)