Synonyms of influence
- 1. influence, power, powerfulness
- usage: a power to affect persons or events especially power based on prestige etc; "used her parents' influence to get the job"
- 2. influence, causing, causation
- usage: causing something without any direct or apparent effort
- 3. influence, determinant, determiner, determinative, determining factor, causal factor
- usage: a cognitive factor that tends to have an effect on what you do; "her wishes had a great influence on his thinking"
- 4. influence, consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- usage: the effect of one thing (or person) on another; "the influence of mechanical action"
- 5. influence, power, force
- usage: one having power to influence another; "she was the most important influence in my life"; "he was a bad influence on the children"
- 1. influence, act upon, work, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: have and exert influence or effect; "The artist's work influenced the young painter"; "She worked on her friends to support the political candidate"
- 2. determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate, cause, do, make
- usage: shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
- 3. charm, influence, tempt, persuade
- usage: induce into action by using one's charm; "She charmed him into giving her all his money"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of influence (Dictionary)