WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. imposition, infliction, enforcement
- usage: the act of imposing something (as a tax or an embargo)
- 2. infliction, wrongdoing, wrongful conduct, misconduct, actus reus
- usage: an act causing pain or damage
- 3. annoyance, bother, botheration, pain, infliction, pain in the neck, pain in the ass, negative stimulus
- usage: something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
All rights reserved.
See also: infliction (Dictionary)