WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inflexible (vs. flexible), adamant, adamantine, inexorable, intransigent, die-hard(prenominal), rock-ribbed, fossilized, fossilised, ossified, hard-core, ironclad, brassbound
- usage: incapable of change; "a man of inflexible purpose"
- 2. uncompromising (vs. compromising), sturdy, inflexible, hard-line, hardline
- usage: not making concessions; "took an uncompromising stance in the peace talks"; "uncompromising honesty"
- 3. inflexible (vs. flexible), muscle-bound, rigid, stiff, semirigid, inelastic
- usage: resistant to being bent; "an inflexible iron bar"; "an inflexible knife blade";
- 4. inflexible, rigid, unbending, unadaptable (vs. adaptable)
- usage: incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances; "a rigid disciplinarian"; "an inflexible law"; "an unbending will to dominate"
All rights reserved.
See also: inflexible (Dictionary)