WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inflate, blow up, expand, amplify, increase
- usage: exaggerate or make bigger; "The charges were inflated"
- 2. inflate, blow up, expand
- usage: fill with gas or air; "inflate a balloons"
- 3. inflate, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause prices to rise by increasing the available currency or credit; "The war inflated the economy"
- 4. inflate, reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down
- usage: increase the amount or availability of, creating a rise in value; "inflate the currency"
- 5. balloon, inflate, billow, expand
- usage: become inflated; "The sails ballooned"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of inflate (Dictionary)