WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inflammation, redness, rubor, symptom
- usage: a response of body tissues to injury or irritation; characterized by pain and swelling and redness and heat
- 2. excitement, excitation, inflammation, fervor, fervour, emotional arousal
- usage: the state of being emotionally aroused and worked up; "his face was flushed with excitement and his hands trembled"; "he tried to calm those who were in a state of extreme inflammation"
- 3. inflammation, inflaming, arousal, rousing
- usage: arousal to violent emotion
- 4. ignition, firing, lighting, kindling, inflammation, burning, combustion
- usage: the act of setting something on fire
All rights reserved.
See also: inflammation (Dictionary)