Synonyms of inflamed
- 1. inflame, worsen, aggravate, exacerbate, exasperate
- usage: cause inflammation in; "The repetitive motion inflamed her joint"
- 2. kindle, inflame, flare up
- usage: catch fire; "The dried grass of the prairie kindled, spreading the flames for miles"
- 3. kindle, enkindle, conflagrate, inflame, ignite, light
- usage: cause to start burning; "The setting sun kindled the sky with oranges and reds"
- 4. inflame, stir up, wake, ignite, heat, fire up, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
- 5. inflame, worsen, decline
- usage: become inflamed; get sore; "His throat inflamed"
- 1. inflamed, unhealthy (vs. healthy)
- usage: resulting from inflammation; hot and swollen and reddened; "eyes inflamed with crying"
- 2. ablaze(predicate), inflamed, reddened, light (vs. dark)
- usage: lighted with red light as if with flames; "streets ablaze with lighted Christmas trees"; "the inflamed clouds at sunset"; "reddened faces around the campfire"
- 3. inflamed, adorned (vs. unadorned), decorated
- usage: adorned with tongues of flame
All rights reserved.