Synonyms of infernal
- 1. infernal, dead person, dead soul, deceased person, deceased, decedent, departed
- usage: an inhabitant of Hell; "his roar made the infernals quake"
- 1. infernal
- usage: characteristic of or resembling Hell; "infernal noise"; "infernal punishment"
- 2. demonic, diabolic, diabolical, fiendish, hellish, infernal, satanic, unholy, evil (vs. good)
- usage: extremely evil or cruel; expressive of cruelty or befitting hell; "something demonic in him--something that could be cruel"; "fires lit up a diabolic scene"; "diabolical sorcerers under the influence of devils"; "a fiendish despot"; "hellish torture"; "infernal instruments of war"; "satanic cruelty"; "unholy grimaces"
- 3. blasted, blame, blamed, blessed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal, cursed (vs. blessed), curst
- usage: expletives used informally as intensifiers; "he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "an infernal nuisance"
- 4. infernal
- usage: of or pertaining to or characteristic of a very uncontrolled and intense fire; "infernal heat"
- 5. infernal (vs. supernal), chthonian, chthonic, nether, Hadean, Plutonian, Tartarean, Stygian, evil
- usage: being of the underworld; "infernal regions"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of infernal (Dictionary)