- 1. inferior, follower
- usage: one of lesser rank or station or quality
- 2. subscript, inferior, character, grapheme, graphic symbol
- usage: a character or symbol set or printed or written beneath or slightly below and to the side of another character
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inferior (vs. superior), humble, low, lowly, modest, small, indifferent, low-level, middle-level, outclassed, low, low, subordinate#1, low-level
- usage: of or characteristic of low rank or importance
- 2. inferior (vs. superior), bad, base, bum, cheap, cheesy, chintzy, crummy, punk, sleazy, tinny, bush-league, bush, cheapjack, shoddy, tawdry, coarse, common, coarsened, commercial, commercial-grade, deplorable, execrable, miserable, woeful, wretched, less, low-grade, mediocre, second-rate, ropey, ropy, scrawny, scrubby, stunted, second-class, third-rate, utility(prenominal), utility-grade, worst
- usage: of low or inferior quality
- 3. subscript (vs. adscript) (vs. superscript), inferior
- usage: written or printed below and to one side of another character
- 4. inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: having an orbit between the sun and the Earth's orbit; "Mercury and Venus are inferior planets"
- 5. inferior, bottom(prenominal) (vs. side) (vs. top)
- usage: lower than a given reference point; "inferior alveolar artery"
- 6. deficient, inferior, substandard, nonstandard (vs. standard)
- usage: falling short of some prescribed norm; "substandard housing"
All rights reserved.
See also: inferior (Dictionary)