WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inferential, illative
- usage: relating to or having the nature of illation or inference; "the illative faculty of the mind"
- 2. inferential, deductive (vs. inductive)
- usage: of reasoning; proceeding from general premisses to a necessary and specific conclusion
- 3. illative, inferential, deductive (vs. inductive)
- usage: resembling or dependent on or arrived at by inference; "an illative conclusion"; "inferential reasoning"
- 4. inferential, connotative (vs. denotative)
- usage: derived or capable of being derived by inference
- 5. inferential, constructive (vs. destructive)
- usage: based on interpretation; not directly expressed
All rights reserved.
See also: inferential (Dictionary)