Synonyms of infer
- 1. deduce, infer, deduct, derive, reason, reason out, conclude
- usage: reason by deduction; establish by deduction
- 2. generalize, generalise, extrapolate, infer, reason, reason out, conclude
- usage: draw from specific cases for more general cases
- 3. deduce, infer, reason, reason out, conclude
- usage: conclude by reasoning; in logic
- 4. guess, infer, solve, work out, figure out, puzzle out, lick, work
- usage: guess correctly; solve by guessing; "He guessed the right number of beans in the jar and won the prize"
- 5. understand, infer, believe
- usage: believe to be the case; "I understand you have no previous experience?"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of infer (Dictionary)