WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. infectious, infective, septic (vs. antiseptic), infected
- usage: caused by infection or capable of causing infection; "viruses and other infective agents"; "a carrier remains infective without himself showing signs of the disease"
- 2. infectious (vs. noninfectious), catching, communicable, contagious, contractable, transmissible, transmittable, contagious, corrupting, contaminating
- usage: easily spread; "fear is exceedingly infectious; children catch it from their elders"- Bertrand Russell
- 3. infectious
- usage: of or relating to infection; "infectious hospital"; "infectious disease"
All rights reserved.
See also: infectious (Dictionary)