- 1. inevitable, destiny, fate
- usage: an unavoidable event; "don't argue with the inevitable"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inevitable (vs. evitable), fatal, fateful, ineluctable, inescapable, unavoidable, necessary
- usage: incapable of being avoided or prevented; "the inevitable result"
- 2. inevitable, predictable (vs. unpredictable)
- usage: invariably occurring or appearing; "the inevitable changes of the seasons"
All rights reserved.
See also: inevitable (Dictionary)