WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ineffective (vs. effective), uneffective, ineffectual, toothless, unproductive, idle, inefficacious, inefficient, powerless, useless
- usage: not producing an intended effect; "an ineffective teacher"; "ineffective legislation"
- 2. ineffective, ineffectual, unable, impotent (vs. potent)
- usage: lacking in power or forcefulness; "an ineffectual ruler"; "like an unable phoenix in hot ashes"
- 3. ineffective, inefficient, incompetent (vs. competent)
- usage: lacking the ability or skill to perform effectively; inadequate; "an ineffective administration"; "inefficient workers"
All rights reserved.
See also: ineffective (Dictionary)