- 1. drunkard, drunk, rummy, sot, inebriate, wino, drinker, imbiber, toper, juicer
- usage: a chronic drinker
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exhilarate, tickle pink, inebriate, thrill, exalt, beatify, elate, lift up, uplift, pick up, intoxicate
- usage: fill with sublime emotion; "The children were thrilled at the prospect of going to the movies"; "He was inebriated by his phenomenal success"
- 2. intoxicate, soak, inebriate, affect
- usage: make drunk (with alcoholic drinks)
- 3. souse, soak, inebriate, hit it up, drink, booze, fuddle
- usage: become drunk or drink excessively
All rights reserved.
See also: inebriate (Dictionary)